Wednesday 27 November 2013

Emergency engineering work at Baker Street

We had a slight delay on the way in this morning at LES (Leytonstone) westbound (platform 2). A handle down at MAA (Marble Arch) meant that we were held in the platform for a few minutes or so. There was also trouble on the Met. When I arrived at ROV it was part suspended Wembley Park - Aldgate due to emergency engineering work at Baker Street. By the time I reached LIS (Liverpool Street), though, it was getting back up to speed. As I made my way onto the westbound platform I noticed that an Aldgate train had just pulled into the opposite platform. Also, when we reached Moorgate, there was a train that was not in service in platform 4 and, as we came to a stop, the lights came on in the carriages so someone was getting it ready to bring it back into service. I also noticed, at King's Cross, that behind us was a Wembley Park train and behind that a semi-fast Uxbridge train. When I left King's Cross there were severe delays on the entire line and, actually, there were still minor delays when I made my way back home. There were also minor delays on the Circle line and I noticed a train in Farringdon sidings. As we headed out of LES eastbound, approaching SNA (Snaresbrook), we got a novel PA:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is for you in the rear car, we've just had someone get on board to hopefully fix a problem with the cab door, so if you hear some banging and crashing - and probably a bit of swearing as well - don't be alarmed."

I guess he got the job done, 'cause I noticed him getting out at WOO (Woodford). I also saw the RAT come trundling through as my HAI (Hainault) train pulled out. I imagine they reversed it back east off of westbound platform 2 (there was (and often is) someone in the back, which speeds this up, as the driver doesn't have to walk back up the train) since I saw it passing over the bridge outside ROV as I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment