Tuesday 26 November 2013

Peak hours

It was an early start for me this morning so I was able to take the WER (West Ruislip) train (via WOO) from ROV. It really does make the journey flow much more smoothly. LIS station was unbelievably busy on the subsurface lines this morning, but - happily - although I could not get onto the platform when I arrived, a largely empty all station Watford train arrived from Aldgate very quickly and most people were able to get on that. All the same, I still had to let a pretty full Hammersmith & City line train go before getting a semi-fast Amersham train on towards King's Cross. I happened to notice a Metropolitan line train for all stations to Harrow-on-the-Hill in platform 3 at Moorgate - quite a short working that. Not that there's anything terrifically unusual about this, but, as you know, I do like the different workings employed at rush hour on the Met. At Barbican I spotted the Hammersmith & City line train to Moorgate that was presumably ready to take the Met line train's place :P

All very smooth and perfectly sunny on the way back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment