Thursday 30 January 2014

Small Talk

Today is my late start day, although I still wanted to be in by 13:00 to meet a friend. Oh I love later starts, I'm much faster, much more alert and, at the end of the day, much happier and much more punctual.

As a result I was at ROV at the perfect time, with about 3 minutes to wait for the WOO train. That took me in to WOO very smoothly and I was soon on a NOR (Northolt) train heading for LIS (Liverpool Street). All in all, a very easy journey on the Central line today - even MIE (Mile End) didn't have any problems! :P

At LIS, I changed onto a Circle line train bound for Hammersmith, but at Moorgate, the T/Op informed us that the Met train in platform 3 (all stations to Amersham) would be departing first. Since I've never taken a train out of platform 3 at Moorgate (although I've taken a few into platform 3) I thought I'd hop across and take that one. I noticed there was an out of service train in platform 4 as well. After a nice novel ride out of Moorgate I arrived at Euston Square without any problems and was nice and early for my meeting :P

At the end of the day, I started walking back to Euston Square, when a man stopped me to ask the way to the station. I asked him where he wanted to go and he said his destination was Victoria and he was looking for Russell Square. I offered (since he was heading in the wrong direction anyway) to take him with me to Euston Square, where he could change at King's X. Obviously the best route from King's X is the Vic line to Victoria, but one can obviously also use the Picc if one desires to for one reason or another. He was a lovely, lovely guy as well. Apparently he was in London on a course and worked at the embassy in Nairobi. After some of the most enjoyable small talk I've ever had, we parted outside Euston Sq so he could make a phone call, but I hope he made his way back without any problems. It certainly made for a nicer return journey than usual, but that was about the only thing of note, really. After that it was just Met to LIS, NEP (Newbury Park) train to LES (Leytonstone), EPP (Epping) train to WOO and a good 10+ minute wait for the HAI train into ROV. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment