Wednesday 15 January 2014

Timetable.

There genuinely isn't all that much to say about today's trip, though I was quite tired so I might well not have been paying enough attention.

To be honest, everything went smoothly, for once - almost too smoothly (not that I'm complaining). I didn't, in the end, get up till about 08:20, but I was still able to make the 09:14 WOO train. This is the later one and I was about 10 minutes late, but - as far as I'm concerned - that's better than 10 minutes early and I was far too tired this morning to make the 08:54 :P I saw the HAI train arrive just as I was approaching the station and then, when I was crossing over the bridge to the WOO platform, I saw the WOO train approaching. My train virtually stopped at the same time as I did, lovely timing :P Changed at WOO for what I think was a WER (West Ruislip) train - I don't really remember - and that took me, bleary-eyed, into LIS (Liverpool Street). There, I - once more - virtually walked onto my next train, which I'm fairly confident was a Hammersmith & City line S7 to Hammersmith. Again, it was pulling in as I was crossing a bridge over to my required platform. That took me to King's Cross St. Pancras, easy money really.

Almost incredibly, I arrived at Euston Square, on the way home, in time to make a Circle line C stock, which seemed almost to wait for me. It had been sitting there for a little while as I was making my way down the steps to the platform and I noticed it had a green signal as I stepped on board and, almost immediately after I had spotted a seat, the doors were a-closing. My luck seemed to run out at LIS. A Central line train had just shut its doors when I reached the platform, but it was, in fact, a HAI via NEP and the next train through (the EPP), took me to WOO with no fuss at all. The rain clouds were out in force when we emerged from the tunnel at STR (Stratford) and they finally began raining in earnest at WOO. The sky was picture perfect, though - all grey streaked with yellow, it was rather beautiful. I do actually quite like being on the railway in the rain, I'm not sure why, maybe it's just my image of London; but I was quite content. As we know, however, the Central line and its 1992 stock are less fond of the rain. I wonder how many trains were in coded today :P Anyway, I wasn't outside (although under the cover of the platform roof) for long - the HAI train was due in but a minute behind the EPP train and duly arrived. The westbound train even waited for it (well, in reality, it's not like the train or its operator had any choice in the matter, it's more a case of thus saith the signalling computer, but the point is, it was certainly a day's travel which contrasted with yesterday's :P). All a little bit too easy, a little bit too dull :P Well, as I say, one shouldn't complain, a thank you is surely in order to the Central line and the sub-surface lines - a job well done. Still, a rush hour trip home tomorrow, I wonder what's in store - I'm predicting a spectacular return to form and something more exciting to write about :P

No comments:

Post a Comment