Sunday 18 May 2014

Nothing special

When I decided to start this little blog I said to myself that I would try to keep a log of all interesting journeys, noting down anything that happened and, along the way, also including explanations and additional information and observations about the London Underground. At some point very early on my remit changed just slightly. I felt that it'd be worth trying to log every journey I made and so far I've stuck to that - this hasn't been a problem as there's usually been something to mention.

Today a bit more work was done on the kitchen - a new floor was put in. I used the excuse to go to the cinema and decided to watch Godzilla, after being reasonably enticed by the trailers. It looked fun, it looked exciting - not exactly art, but good viewing. Actually the title of this blog doesn't refer to that at all, it refers to my journey (that being the raison d'ĂȘtre of this blog) - the movie was fine. Exactly what you'd expect really. Hardly great cinema, but a good enough use of a couple of hours. The 3½ stars it gets on the Odeon website is pretty accurate, I think.

So, to get there, I had to go to SOW. This meant going from ROV to WOO and then from WOO to SOW. I didn't know when it was on, so I checked online at about 14:20 and saw there was a showing at 15:00. I thought I had plenty of time, but when I got to ROV at about 14:26 there were 16 mins until the WOO, which meant cutting it a bit fine. The WOO was a little late in leaving and I had a little wait at WOO, of course, for the WER. I did make SOW but didn't arrive at the cinema until about 15:05. This was good enough though :)

More of the same on the way back. It was a very brief, but very nice journey. The platform at SOW is very pleasant and I only had a minute or two to wait at WOO for the HAI which took me home in Coded on a lovely Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment