Monday 5 May 2014

Aldgate East reverser

Today I went into London to meet a friend. I got a little bit caught out because I forgot that it is a bank holiday Monday and I nearly missed the WOO train. Happily, however, I didn't in fact miss it and I was able to change onto a WHC train at WOO. All trains were, of course, running to WHC due to the engineering work taking place since it is, as I now know, a bank holiday.

In the end the general bank-holiday-ness was no real problem of course and it was really a glorious trip in - very nice day to be out and about, quite quiet and plenty of driving in Coded too. I changed at LIS for a Hammersmith & City line train to Hammersmith and that took me to Euston Sq. on what was an extremely uneventful trip. It was just nice, it was nice to be on the tube today, lovely weather.

It was a nice afternoon, too, and I headed back in a good mood. The Met was having a few problems, I think caused by a signal failure at Finchley Road and I passed an out of service train in Moorgate platform 3 which I assume was evidence of this. The problems didn't really have any affect on my Hammersmith & City line train. We were, admittedly, held very briefly outside Farringdon at the signal which I think is OH47A, but that was nothing really. I took the H&C train to Aldgate East - some of you may remember that I mentioned in my post about reversing at Gloucester Road that I passed up the opportunity to sample reversing facilities at Aldgate East as well. Well, here was a second chance and I couldn't resist it. So I waited for a District line train and, when it arrived, tried my best to help out some people who were clearly a little confused (poor things clearly didn't have much English and were trying to get to Tower Hill. I'd actually forgotten that there were no trains going there at all, but I did let them know the District wouldn't take them there and I hope they found their way. I don't think my gestures and explanations aided the cause very much, but hopefully they asked the staff member I pointed out, who could give them directions, or point out a bus). I then wandered up to the Whitechapel end of the platform, watched the wrong-road starter clear and hopped aboard for a novel trip to MIE, where I just missed one. Happily the next train through was for WOO via HAI. Lovely journey round the loop in Coded and I got to watch one shunting around the depot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment