Wednesday 30 April 2014

Signalling at Woodford

I'm sorry, this isn't really a proper post. I'm trying to find out a little bit more about Central line signalling and will try to report back any results. For this purpose, I've made a little diagram of the signals and block marker boards on the westbound around Woodford. I thought some of you may be interested to see it and sticking it here also allows me to link to it, which is a bit cheeky, but hey, some of you might enjoy it. This is just what I noted down while at Woodford today.
A diagram showing the signalling at Woodford on the westbound track. The blue boxes represent trains and this diagram is also meant to show the spacing of trains used at Woodford. The numbers are just those that I noted down when I was there and I may have made a mistake, or omitted something
A diagram showing target speeds (in orange) and speed limits (in green) for the blocks at Woodford. These numbers are entirely arbitrary, I made them up merely to exemplify the general principle with some concrete numbers, but I don't know what the actual speeds are
A diagram illustrating a potential problem if a train stops short in platform 2. Note to readers: I'm sure the system is designed to make sure that there is no risk of a collision if a train stops short in platform 2, I'm just interested to know what they are

No comments:

Post a Comment