Friday 13 December 2013

I want to ride it where I like...

Today, I managed perfect timing :P Got to ROV with just 2 minutes left to wait for the WOO train. Once at WOO, I noticed the RAT on its way up to EPP (Epping) and then I was soon on my way to LIS (Liverpool Street). At STR (Stratford) the T/Op (Train Operator) came over the PA to remind us:

"Bikes are not permitted on the Central line west of Stratford - please remove your bike. Once again, bikes are not permitted, please remove your bike."

I then noticed someone getting off with their bike in the carriage behind. I do believe they're not permitted in the tunnels because - at least in part - they could hinder an evacuation. I may be wrong, but either way, the Central line gets pretty busy west of STR and is not a good place for a bike, so I - for one - am rather in favour of this measure :P. We were also held for a short while in BEG (Bethnal Green) while a problem was checked; but we were soon on our way. On the way back, I noticed an out of service S7 heading westbound at Barbican and a Met line train (all stations to Uxbridge) in platform 3 at Moorgate. Apart from that nothing much else to say, I'm off to write an essay :(

No comments:

Post a Comment