Thursday 12 December 2013

Peace and Quiet

It took me a few attempts to get out of bed this morning and, when I finally did, half of my mind was on semaphore signalling (that's right - I am that cool). As a result I was a little late getting myself out of the house and I had to have a bit of a jog for the WOO train again. I was utterly wrecked, I have to say :P I do not like exercise :P At WOO I bumped into an old friend - WOO station really does seem to be the place for reunions these days! Anyway, consequently, I wasn't paying full attention, but I do remember that we were a little slow on the way out of LES (Leytonstone). No problems though :)

Nothing much to say about the journey home either. I went for dinner with some friends and ended up getting the Northern line from Leicester Square to the rather forlorn-looking TCR (Tottenham Court Road). TCR is an amazing station, the mosaics are wonderful:
The wonderful mosaics on one of the the Central line platforms at Tottenham Court Road. (Image courtesy "Sunil060902" (via Wikipedia))
But with the Crossrail works going on at the moment, it's looking a little woebegone.

Anyway, at TCR, I got an EPP (Epping) train to LES, where I changed for the WOO via HAI. I saw that it was 4 minutes behind when I got on the EPP at TCR (and, in fact, by BEG (Bethnal Green) it had caught us up and was only 2 minutes behind) and I wasn't sure if I would get to WOO in time to catch the HAI train and I didn't fancy a long wait in the cold, so I decided to get the WOO via HAI. A good choice, I think - I had the carriage to myself after HAI. Reminded me of the good old days when I went and explored the tube for the first time. Lovely journey, really. Got a chance to catch a train performing a shunt move around the HAI depot while we were waiting at GRH (Grange Hill) too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment