Monday 9 December 2013

Run

After a handful of hours' sleep I was up early this morning. Nevertheless, I managed to get myself out of the house in good time and I was confident I would make the earlier train (the 08:54) to WOO. However, as I was walking towards ROV I saw the thing heading over the bridge over the road just outside the station. Usually this means I'm gonna be out of luck, because I still have to cross a busy road and then I have a couple of minutes' walk, at least, to the entrance, over the bridge and onto the platform. As I waited, frustratedly, to cross said road I also saw the HAI train heading over the bridge, so I'd pretty much given up hope of getting a train from ROV for a good twenty minutes and was thinking of going to BUH (Buckhurst Hill) - which - I thought - would at least give me something to write about, and it was a nice morning for a walk. However, as I neared ROV, I heard the train from BUH heading over WOO junction, which meant that the WOO train was still in the platform at ROV. Getting a move on, I saw that it was still sat there and hastened over the bridge, touched in and rushed onto the train as I saw the signal go white. I would have felt "like a boss" if I hadn't felt so exhausted :P

At WOO I happened to run into the mum of an old school friend, so I wasn't paying that much attention on the way into LIS, but I noticed that we were held in the platform at MIE (Mile End) for a short while, due to a problem up the road at HOL (Holborn) (problem with a train, I think). Also at MIE (again) there were a few heated words exchanged after someone (not that unreasonably, as there wasn't much room at all, but with ill courtesy) refused to move up the carriage. Honestly. I also noticed that the working lights had been left on in the tunnels between Moorgate and Farringdon - never a good thing in my view, makes a horrible addition to the journey.

All very smooth on the way back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment