Tuesday 18 February 2014

A small issue with timing

07:00 start this morning. Not good. (Well, 07:10.) Still, I was out of the house pretty early, but was overtaken on my way to the station by what I assume was the 08:00 RUG service. It wasn't too long a wait, though, for the 08:09 WER and I was soon on the move.

It was a beautiful morning this morning as well and I took the opportunity to admire the view of the skyline from the bridge leading to platform 1 at ROV. The clouds made for a sky which more poetic people would probably call "majestic" (but which I would call "cloudy") and the sunlight produced a beautiful, bright yellow patch of sky. As a result, I had a really lovely journey from ROV to SOW, admiring the various views on offer. At SNA, however, my enjoyable, peaceful journey was interrupted by the arrival of a mother with two little kids. Being a considerate sort, I thought I'd better surrender my seat to the more needy. I am not a fan of school holidays :P

Anyway, in spite of my new-found lack of seat, it wasn't a bad journey in. Quite tiring at that time of the morning, but to me it's sort of like exercise :P After pulling away from BEG promptly (unlike yesterday, when we had a bit of a dwell there; I'm guessing we were held to timetable or held to regulate the service, since the T/Op informed us we'd be there for about a minute, so he'd obviously been warned in advance), I noticed we were very slow and stop-start on the way to LIS. Nothing much else of interest happened though.

At LIS, I changed for what I think was the all stations Watford and that took me to King's X without incident. Also, with no artwork taking up much-needed seats, I was able to take one up instead :P Happened to notice a co-acting starter (OD2, I think) at LIS on the WB sub-surface lines platform, too. I think that's new, I've not seen it before.

Got the Circle line from King's X back to LIS and changed onto a HAI via NEP. Naturally, changed at LES for the EPP. It was a fine trip, indeed. With the sun high in the sky it was a surprisingly bright day and I did enjoy myself. This enjoyment was slightly dented by missing the HAI and having quite a wait at WOO. Bright it may have been, but not especially warm. Could've been worse, though, nothing wrong with a bit of time to oneself watching the trains go by at WOO :P

No comments:

Post a Comment