Wednesday 19 February 2014

Is there a doctor in the house?

*Grumble* hate mornings *grumble* *grumble* early start *grumble*.
 
I was not happy about my third early start on the trot - and my cat brought up a furball on my carpet. I'd decided not to bother even trying to make the earlier 08:54 train, but made it to ROV at the perfect time for the 09:14 - just two minutes to go. Indeed, I could see it approaching by the time I made it onto the platform. Short, standard wait for the stick to clear us over WOO junction, during which the T/Op let us all know what was happening - which was nice, even if it was completely expected :) P-way were out in force round ROV and WOO, as well.
 
Changed at WOO for the WER. On the approach to LES I saw LES 5760 showing white, with route indicator indicating the route into westbound platform 2 was set. I can't remember ever seeing a white signal with route indicator before - when I see them they're ordinarily green when they clear, essentially this has to do with the way semi-auto signals work. Of course, they can clear to white, and I'm sure that between stations they do so perfectly regularly - and there's every possibility that three aspect station starters with route indicators go white quite often. As I can't remember ever seeing it before, though, it put a smile on my face.
 
I don't believe anything exciting happened on the run down to LIS, where I missed one train. Was able to get on the next one, though - which happened to be an S7+1 to Wembley Park. These are S7 stock trains with an extra carriage for use on the Met. The reason why we have S7+1s at the moment (I think there are still three) are because a lot of the Met's S8s have been having relatively minor adjustments and improvements (wheel bearings and stuff, I think) made. I think most of those 37 which needed the work doing have now been modified. Nevertheless, there's still a little way to go. While we wait, we have a few S7+1s on the Met (S8s can also operate as S8-1s on the other three lines), which can be distinguished by a lack of transverse seats. This took me to King's X no problem :)
 
On the way back, I just missed a Met line train for Aldgate and so had a couple of minutes' wait for a Circle line train. On the way to LIS, I passed an Uxbridge train in platform 3 at Moorgate. Then, while waiting on the eastbound Central line platform, I heard this on the PA:
 
"If there are any medical professionals on the station, any doctors or nurses, could you make yourself known to a member of staff, please?"
 
I do sincerely hope everyone was alright. Don't have a clue what the matter was though and there wasn't going to be anything I could so about it, so I boarded the EPP train and headed on to WOO. Only a minute to wait for the HAI (even if it was a little slow out of 21 road), which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment