Monday 17 February 2014

Back to class. Again

After many fine days off, I was forced to return to class. It wasn't fun, either - I didn't negotiate the changeover very well. Basically, I'd meant to get up quite early on Sunday so I was tired enough to get to sleep quite early that night, so I wouldn't be so tired this morning. Unfortunately, I overslept on Sunday, couldn't sleep last night and was surely still awake at 04:30, if not 05:00. I was then woken up at about 07:30 and had to get up at 08:00 anyway so didn't get back to sleep. In spite of this, I was very happy to be back at LIS this morning :P

Anyway, for once I got to ROV quite early and had a bit of a wait for the WOO train. This took my tired, wrecked self into WOO, where I changed for a WER (I think). Whichever train I changed onto, there wasn't much to report, as much as I did enjoy the journey. There was a bit of commuter rage at STR which continued into the westbound tunnel towards MIE. Apart from that, I changed at LIS, just missed one train (all stations Watford, I think) and shortly after was able to take a Hammersmith & City line train for Hammersmith to Euston Square. In the end I was very early and the most exciting part of my journey was probably the temperamental lift, which tried to take me and a classmate to the fourth floor and spluttered to a halt almost immediately. A calm second press of the button for the fourth floor was all that was required, though - and I so nearly missed Hindi :P

On the way back, I got an Aldgate train which was surprisingly quiet (I mean, it was pretty full, but there were even a few seats knocking around); although one person felt justified in taking up an entire two-seat bench with what looked like a painting. This really is world class douchebaggery and I'm sure this person will medal in this year's world championships :P I'm sorry, but this isn't to be condoned at rush hour. Ah well, end of rant. We were a little slow to LIS, but that's only to be expected at that time.

At LIS, I walked away from the escalators and saw a train standing in the platform. In line with my own chastisements, I resisted the temptation to run or anything like that and walked calmly onto the platform and onto the train. Almost immediately, the doors started closing, but not before I had noticed the train was for GRH via WOO (Grange Hill via Woodford). I am so glad I made it onto that one and it really did smooth the journey out nicely :P

And that was all, really - nice day on the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment